lenti.hu / Tourism / Sights / Saint Michael Parish Church
 
StartpageThe town of LentiTourismLenti Thermal SpaAccomodationsRestaurants, CaffeSightsNarrow-gauge railwayThe Castle of LentiSaint Michael Parish ChurchMemorialsStatuesTourist informations
 
More wallpapers...
 
 
 

Saint Michael Parish Church.

The monument-like church in the middle of the main square was built on the site of the medieval Saint George church which had collapsed before 1669. Then a wooden church was erected in honour of Saint Frances at the entrance of the castle. This was in already in a ruinous condition in 1688 and two years later, in 1690 it was completely unsuitable for service.

In the place of the former stone building the foundations of the new one were laid in 1691. The church was finished in 1698 and dedicated to Saint Michael. At that time it had a vaulted chancel and boarded ceiling. Later, in 1747 the building was fundamentally reconstructed, made bigger in size and higher while the ceiling was rebuilt from brick.
By 1750 the whole building was vaulted and had a brick-built tower. It became a single-nave church with a square-ended chancel, the outer side of the nave was supported by buttresses.

There is a date above the side-door. The front tower has a pointed spire. Precious frescoes of István Dorffmeister Jr. decorate the chancel and first section of the three-vaulted nave. In 1807 the master also painted the altar-piece in which Saint Michael fights Satan above the dead Moses.(cf. Jud 9) The pews are in rococo style. The pulpit was made in late baroque style (copf) in the 18th century.

√Ėsszes l√°togat√≥ sz√°ma: 885914
Jelenleg 188 látogató tartózkodik az oldalon.
  Ezt az oldalt 19463 alkalommal jelen√≠tett√©k meg,
ebbŇĎl az egyedi let√∂lt√©s 15253 db.
  Impresszum Oldalt√©rk√©p Adatv√©delem SzerzŇĎi jogok Felhaszn√°l√°si felt√©telek Hirdet√©si √°rak